- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Party Pinwheels Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finley chopped|
Calories 389 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.7 mg18.9%
Sodium 268.7 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 26.7 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 0.15%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven hot to 400°F (200°C).
2) Grease the cookie sheets with butter.
3) Electric Mixer Method or Food Processor Method Cream butter.
4) Add sugar and beat on high speed till fluffy.
5) Mix eggs and vanilla extract beat till done.
6) In a medium bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt.
7) Gently mix to creamed mixture and blend the dough well.
8) Separate the dough into two and refrigerate for one hour.
9) In a saucepan mix dates, sugar and sherry and stir on medium heat till thick.
10) Keep aside to cool and add nuts.
11) On a floured wax paper roll both dough balls to form into a rectangle 1/4" thick.
12) On each rectangle spread one half of the filling.
13) Keep a margin on one edge to seal the roll.
14) Raise wax paper to start dough and roll into a tight pinwheel.
15) Tightly seal in plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
16) With a knife cut each roll into 1/4" slices.
17) Bake 8-10 minutes till golden.
18) Let stand on cookie sheets till cold.
19) Place on wire racks.
20) Party Pinwheels is a great tasting appetizer. Serve it just before the main course.