- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Party Melon Tray Recipe
|Honeydew melons||2 Small|
|Limes||2 , sliced thin|
|For avocado chip cream|
|Ripe avocado||1 Large|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3850 Calories from Fat 1460
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 169 g260.6%
Saturated Fat 67.9 g339.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 309.2 mg
Sodium 1627 mg67.8%
Total Carbohydrates 615 g205.1%
Dietary Fiber 74.4 g297.6%
Sugars 508.6 g
Protein 68 g135.3%
Vitamin A 2138.7% Vitamin C 2557.4%
Calcium 89.4% Iron 92.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Halve avocado, then peel and pit.
2. Cut one half into small chunks and place in a blender jar along with remaining ingredients.
3. Process at high speed for 1 minute until smooth. Alternatively mash avocado in a medium-size bowl, then beat in remaining ingredients until smooth.
4. Cut remaining half avocado into 1/2-inch cubes and fold into dressing.
5. Cover and chill.
6. To make the honeydew basket
7. With the tip of a sharp paring knife, mark a guide-line lengthwise around center of a melon
8. Mark an inch-wide strip across top for basket handle.
9. Carefully and neatly, cut out the portions between marks and reserve the flesh.
10. Scoop out the seeds and fibers and discrad
11. Chill basket and scooped out flesh ready to serve.
12. Using a small ice-cream scoop or a rounded tablespoon measure, remove 16 balls from watermelon. Try and remove as many seeds as possible.
13. From the remaining watermelon flesh, scoop out as many balls as possible using a melon-ball scoop or 1/4 measure teaspoon. Place fruit balls in a bowl and chill until ready to serve.
14. Halve remaining honeydew melon and cantaloupe and scoop out seeds
15. Slice melons and reserved honeydew sections into thin wedges. Chill.
16. Just before serving time thread small watermelon balls and lime slices on wooden picks.
17. Stick them at regular intervals into handle of melon basket, placed on a serving platter.
18. Arrange the melon wedges around basket on tray.
19. Stack or arrange large watermelon balls around the melons
20. Spoon Avocado Chip Cream into the basket.
21. Place platter on buffet table and provide cocktail fruit forks to dip and eat the fruit.