- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Party Cheese Puff Ring Recipe
|Onion mushroom soup mix||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Lipton)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded swiss cheese||4 Ounce|
Calories 215 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.7%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.4 mg
Sodium 91.9 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.2%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 11 g21.1%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C
Calcium 13.4% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Preheat the oven to 375°.
Grease a baking tray with oil or butter and dust with flour.
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the soup mix with milk.
2. Place the saucepan on a medium flame.
3. Add the butter and stir to combine. Bring the liquid to a boil.
4. Take pan off the heat and stir in the flour, until well blended.
5. Return pan to the flame and cook stirring constantly till the mixture forms a dough ball.
6. Take pan off the heat and beat in eggs, one at a time, using a metal spoon or a whisk to beat constantly until the eggs are well incorporated into the thick batter.
7. Finally add ¾ cup cheese to the still hot batter and stir till it has blended in.
8. Drop the batter onto the greased baking tray, forming 12 mounds. Use the back of the spoon to flatten the mound.
9. Brush the circles with milk and top with remaining cheese.
10. Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake puffs for 40 minutes until golden brown.
11. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
12. Serve the puffs hot.
13. You can top the puffs with a salsa, dip or topping of your choice or serve them plain with tea.