- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Party Canapes Recipe
|Soft margarine||4 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hard cooked eggs||2 , shelled|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , shelled|
|White bread slices||3|
|Whole wheat bread slices||3|
Calories 349 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.3%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152 mg
Sodium 435.5 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 9 g17.4%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 0.21%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium-size bowl mix cream cheese and Worcestershire sauce until smooth.
2) Transfer half into a second bowl.
3) Halve eggs and remove the yolks. Press through a sieve and add into mixture in one bowl.
4) Blend the mixture.
5) Cover the bowl and let stand with whites for garnishing.
6) Trim the crusts from side of bread. Using a 1 1/2-inch cutter cut out 12 rounds from 3 slices.
7) Shape out 12 diamond shapes from remaining slices.
8) Spread plain cheese mixture evenly on top.
9) Garnish and chill.