- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Party Appetizer Vegetables Recipe
|Broccoli bunch||2 Pound (1 Bunch)|
|Frozen artichoke hearts package||18 Ounce (2 Packages, 9 Ounce Each)|
|Finely chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 142 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.7%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg
Sodium 199.4 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.6%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 62.4% Vitamin C 212.6%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim off broccoli stem and cut broccoli into similar size flowerets, reserving stems for another use.
2. Similarly trim green leafy stems from cauliflower and cut into bite size flowerets.
3. In a large saucepan, bring salted water to a boil.
4. Place the cauliflower florets in a metal strainer and immerse in the boiling water.
5. Cover pan with lid and boil for 8 minutes until tender-crisp.
6. Remove strainer, draining water back in saucepan. Tip the cauliflower into a bowl.
7. Similarly blanch broccoli in the same boiling water for another 8 minutes and drain and remove into another bowl.
8. In another saucepan, cook artichoke hearts, according to package directions and drain.
9. Keep all the vegetables warm.
10. In a small skillet, melt the butter or margarine
11. Add and sauté onion for 2 minutes
12. Take pan off the heat and stir salt, paprika and lemon juice into the onion-butter.
13. In a large chafing dish or keep-hot server plate, arrange vegetables in strips with artichoke hearts at both ends.
14. Spoon the lemon butter over the vegetables.
15. Sprinkle artichoke hearts with pimiento.