- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Part 2 of Making A Cheese Souffle Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), heated|
|Gouda cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1 Pinch, powdered|
|Chervil||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.4 mg
Sodium 397.3 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.45 g1.8%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 15 g29.6%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 37.1% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a skillet on medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons of butter.
3. Add the flour and whisk well to make sure no lumps are formed.
4. Add in the whole milk, little by little and continue to whisk.
5. Turn off the heat and temper the egg yolks by adding them little by little to the skillet, while whisking continuously.
6. Add the gouda cheese and combine.
7. Next, add the nutmeg, dried chervil, salt and pepper and continue to combine.
8. In a separate vessel, beat the egg whites until fluffy.
9. Add the egg whites into the skillet and fold gently with a spoon.
10. Grease some ramekins with butter.
11. Line ramekins with romano cheese and turn around to coat the inside of the ramekin evenly.
12. Fill up the coated ramekins 2/3rd the way with the prepared souffle mix.
13. Place the filled ramekins into a vessel filled halfway with boiling water.
14. Pop into the oven for 30 minutes.
15. Serve the dish in the prepared ramekins immediately.