- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Toasted Almond Pudding Recipe Video
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Egg||1 Large, slightly whisked|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Toasted slivered almonds||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1314 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.4%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 220.8 mg
Sodium 580.8 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 258 g86.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.8%
Sugars 225.4 g
Protein 29 g57.1%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 66.3% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Add the sugar and cornstarch to a heavy saucepan over medium high heat, and whisk together to get rid of any lumps.
2) Add the milk and salt and bring the mixture to a light boil. Let it cook for about 5 minutes.
3) Take the mixture off the heat and set it aside.
4) Whisk the egg in a large bowl and while whisking, add 1/2 cup of the milk liquid slowly.
5) Keep whisking to keep the egg from cooking.
6) Incorporate all the milk liquid into the egg gradually.
7) Put the mixture back into the saucepan and place the pan over medium high heat.
8) Add the almond extract and cook for about 3 minutes, till the mixture has thickened.
9) To serve, transfer the pudding into custard cups or decorative glasses. Garnish with toasted almonds and then serve. The pudding can be served while still warm or refrigerated for about 30 minutes and then served cold.