- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parsnip Mashed Potatoes Recipe Video
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled|
|Parsnip||1 , peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Russet potatoes||2 Large, peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unsweetened soy milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (fortified)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 95 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.76 g1.2%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 251.2 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 16.1%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan add garlic, parsnip, potatoes one after the other, with potatoes as the top most layer.
2. Pour water and bring it to a boil on medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for around 25 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and tender (check occasionally and add water if required).
3. Remove from heat and transfer it into a bowl. Using a potato masher, mash them well till smooth.
4. Pour the milk and continue to mash till smooth. Season with salt and pepper and stir to mix.
5. In a serving bowl or plate, serve the mashed potato with mushroom gravy or any main dish of your choice.
This can be stored in air tight container and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.