- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parsnip Corn Cakes Recipe
|Potatoes||2 , shredded|
|Parsnips||4 , shredded|
|Corn||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg substitute||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.1%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.6 mg
Sodium 119.1 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.7%
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 11 g21.8%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 68.9%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In batches, squeeze the potatoes to extract all excess moisture.
2) In a large bowl add the potatoes.
3) Mix parsnips, corn, chives, nutmeg, and pepper.
4) Add egg substitute and flour.
5) In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff.
6) Fold into the vegetable mixture.
7) Grease a large nonstick frying pan with oil.
8) Heat over medium heat and drop spoonfuls of round batter into the pan. Fry until golden on both sides.
9) Repeat the process until all the batter is used.
10) Serve with maple syrup.