- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parsnip Casserole Recipe
|Parsnips||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked and mashed|
|Ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed and cooked|
|Canned mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Sharp processed cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Ready to eat cereal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crushed|
Calories 153 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.8 mg
Sodium 313.8 mg13.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to moderate, 350°F, 180°c, gas mark 4.
2. Mix the ham, mushrooms and cheese together.
3. Season hot parsnips with salt and pepper (and any other seasoning of your choice). 4. In a 2 quart greased casserole arrange the parsnips and ham mixtures alternately.
5. Sprinkle with crumbs and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, rest for 10 minutes and serve hot.