- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parsnip Butternut Bisque Recipe Video
|Vegan margarine/Whole pressed olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||80 Gram, thinly sliced|
|Scallions||2 , chopped finely|
|Butter nut squash||1 Pound, cut into cubes|
|Vegetable stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
Calories 494 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.7%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1174.4 mg48.9%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.8%
Dietary Fiber 20.4 g81.5%
Sugars 16.9 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 501.3% Vitamin C 151.7%
Calcium 20.8% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, pour some oil and place the slices of ginger into it and sauté that for 2 minutes.
2. Add 1 chopped scallion, let it sauté for 2 minutes, and add the parsnips to it.
3. Now add the cubed butternut squash and stir it all together and let it sauté for 2 minutes.
4. Pour the vegetable stock, stir it up, cover the top, bring it to a boil and simmer it for 20 minutes.
5. Once the soup is cooled, pour the contents into a blender until it forms a nice creamy consistency.
6. Soup is perfect for those cold winter days, serve it with a bread sticks