- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parsnip And Lemon Soup Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Parsnips||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced peeled|
|Carrot||1 , thinly sliced|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Pimiento puree||4 Teaspoon|
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.5%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.6 mg11.5%
Sodium 625.3 mg26.1%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.7%
Sugars 24.9 g
Protein 14 g27.2%
Vitamin A 113.6% Vitamin C 91.9%
Calcium 23.7% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For making the pimiento puree in a food processor or blender, process 1 jar (2 ounce /57 milliliter) drained pimiento until smooth.
2. In casserole of 12-cup (3 liter) capacity, microwave with cover combining butter and onion at High for 2 to 4 minutes until softened.
3. Further stir in parsnips, carrot, stock, lemon rind and juice.
4. Continue to microwave covering with lid or vented plastic wrap, at High for 14 to 18 minutes such that parsnips are tender, stirring once.
5. In a blender or food processor puree the mixture until smooth, then return to the dish and stir in milk.
6. With cover, microwave at High for more 2 to 5 minutes until heated through, stirring once.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste and ladle soup into serving bowls
8. Into each bowl swirl 1 teaspoon (5 milliliter) pimiento puree and serve.