- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parsleyed New Potatoes Recipe
|New potatoes||12 Small|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
Calories 190 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.1%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg
Sodium 634.2 mg26.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 2 g4.1%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 35.3%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Scrub and wash the potatoes nicely.
2. Cut both the ends (or peel a 1/2-inch strip around the middle of each).
3. In a 2 quart microwave safe casserole dish put water and the potatoes, cover with a microwave safe plastic wrap with holes in it and microwave for 10 to 12 minutes at full power, stirring once.
4. In a small bowl put butter and garlic and microwave for 1 minute at full power, or until the butter is melted.
5. Take out the bowl and add the parsley and black pepper and pour on the potatoes.
6. Serve hot as a side dish with roasts or barbecues, sour cream can be a good accompaniment.