- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parsley Trimmed Sweet Onion Sandwiches Recipe
|Thin white bread slices||48|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (1 Stick)|
|Sweet onions||2 Pound, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch thick slices|
|Mayonnaise/Cooked salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped|
|Seasoned salt||To Taste|
Calories 93 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.7%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.7 mg2.2%
Sodium 130.7 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.69 g2.8%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 2 g3.1%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a round shaped 2 inch diameter cookie cutter, cut roundels from the bread slices (2 roundels per slice). thus you will get 96 roundels in all from 48 bread slices.
2. On each roundel, apply butter and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place on rectangular tray and cover with damp kitchen paper roll so that the bread doesnt dry out.
4. Place 1 onion slice on a bread roundel and top with another bread roundel to make a sandwich. Press gently.
5. Place this prepared sandwich on a chopping board and using a butter knife, spread 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise uniformly on the edges of the sandwich. Ensure that it is evenly coated with mayonnaise from all sides.
6. Place chopped parsley on a plate.
7. Roll the mayonnaise covered sandwich in parsley so that all the edges get evenly coated with it.
8. Repeat procedure for all roundels to get 47 more Parsley trimmed Sweet Onion sandwiches.
9. Place on the rectangular tray, clingwrap and refrigerate for 2 hours to induce flavour.
10. On a large white square/ rectangular platter, stack these sandwiches to form a pyramid and serve immediately.