- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parsley Cream Sauce Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon, 1/2 stick|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken broth granules||1 Tablespoon (Chicken-Bouillon Cube)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 909 Calories from Fat 564
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.2%
Saturated Fat 39.4 g196.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.2 mg
Sodium 1168.8 mg48.7%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 33.4 g
Protein 20 g39.8%
Vitamin A 51.9% Vitamin C 31.8%
Calcium 56.9% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter or margarine and sauté onion in it until soft.
2) Mix in flour, salt, and pepper and stir cook just until bubbly.
3) Pour in milk and instant chicken broth or bouillon cube.
4) Cook the mixture for 1 minute, stirring, crushing bouillon cube with a spoon, until sauce becomes thick.
5) Garnish with parsley and serve at once.