- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parsley Cream Sauce Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth/Chicken bouillon cube||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 115 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.5%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.8 mg
Sodium 173.6 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 2 g5%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium-size saucepan saute onion in butter or margarine such that soft
2. Stir in flour, salt and pepper and cook with constant stirring constantly such that bubbly.
3. Then stir in milk and instant chicken broth or bouillon cube.
4. Cook with frequent stirring crushing the bouillon cube if using, with a spoon such that sauce thickens and boils for 1 minute.
5. To serve, stir in parsley.