- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parotta-10 Recipe Video
|Maida/All purpose flour||4 Pound|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Filtered water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (as required)|
Calories 222 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.7%
Saturated Fat 0.32 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 12.9 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.8% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean a kitchen table with tissue papers. Wear a mob cap or chef’s cap, and apron. Wash hands with antibacterial hand soap and water.
2. Place flour on the kitchen table and make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add sugar and salt in the well. Pour water into the well.
3. Combine the flour, sugar and water using hand and knead for 5 minutes. The dough will be sticky at first. Knead again for 10 minutes. By constant kneading it will be soft ball.
4. Apply 1 tablespoon of canola oil over the dough ball. Cover the dough with a large bowl and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, apply oil on your hands. Take the dough and keep in between the index finger and thumb and press. Make lemon sized balls from the dough. Make 35 balls out of this.
6. Spread some oil on the table and place the balls. Apply some oil on top of each ball. Cover the balls with kitchen towel for 1 hour.
7. Apply oil on the table top and to your hands. Take one ball and spread with palm or rolling pin very thinly.
8. Take the rolled dough from the corner and make very thin pleats by tossing on the table.
9. Roll the dough in the center of the palm and place on the table. Make these for all the balls and cover it for 15 min.
10. Take one ball and apply some oil on top of the ball and to your hands. Roll the balls into small discs with the hands.
11. In a nonstick pan over medium heat, place one rolled out disc. Add some drops of oil over it and cook well both sides until gets golden brown.
12. Keep 3-4 parathas in between the palms and beat like clapping the hands for releasing the layers of paratha.
13. Serve the hot paratha with some spicy gravy.