- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parmesan Stuffed Squash Recipe
|Zucchini/Yellow squash||6 Medium, halved, parboiled|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped yellow onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1237 Calories from Fat 615
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.9%
Saturated Fat 41.1 g205.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 175.8 mg
Sodium 4913.9 mg204.7%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.8 g67.3%
Sugars 28 g
Protein 49 g97.8%
Vitamin A 107.5% Vitamin C 340.8%
Calcium 110.7% Iron 58.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Lightly grease a baking dish with butter
2. Preheat the oven to 425° F
3. Scoop out and discard the seedy center of the squash halves, leaving ¼ -inch thick shells.
4. Arrange the shells in the baking dish and season them with salt and pepper.
5. Take a skillet and melt butter over a medium flame.
6. Add onion to the butter and stir fry for 8 minutes until lightly browned.
7. Take pan off the heat and stir in the crumbs, cheese, paprika and parsley. Season with salt to taste.
8. Spoon the cheese crumb mixture into the squash shells.
9. Bake squash for 20-30 minutes in the preheated oven until squash is tender and crumbs are golden.
10. Serve the squash hot, straight out of the oven.