- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parmesan Skillet Bread Recipe
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Warm water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As Required, 105 To 115)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Parmesan cheese||10 Tablespoon, freshly grated (1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Unsifted all purpose flour||4 1⁄4 Cup (68 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3086 Calories from Fat 744
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.5%
Saturated Fat 43.1 g215.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 166.5 mg
Sodium 4407.7 mg183.7%
Total Carbohydrates 454 g151.3%
Dietary Fiber 21.1 g84.3%
Sugars 32.8 g
Protein 121 g242.2%
Vitamin A 43.6% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 193.4% Iron 175.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) Take a large bowl and combine yeast with water in it. Stir to dissolve yeast and leave the mixture aside for 10 minutes or until bubbly.
3) Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, butter or margarine, garlic, pepper, 3 cups of flour and salt. Take an electric mixer and beat for 2 minutes at low speed, occasionally scraping the sides of the bowl.
4) Gently add the remaining flour and blend with the help of a wooden spatula. Cover with greased wax paper and leave aside in a warm place for 45 minutes or until it turns double in bulk.
5) In the oven place two 9 or 10 inch cast iron skillets and heat for about 10 minutes. Remove the skillets with the help of a pot holder and grease each one with about 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
6) Beat the batter for 30 seconds and then divide equally into the two skillets. Spread the batter evenly at the bottom and sprinkle with the remaining cheese at the top.
7) Bake the batter in the 9-inch skillet for 25 minutes and the 10-inch one for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Test it by tapping with the finger tips. Consider it done when the sound is hollow. Remove bread from the skillets and place on a wire rack to cool.
8) Serve the bread at lunch or dinner.