- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parmesan Rice Crust Pie Recipe
|Cooked brown rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), slightly cooled (About 2/3 Cup Raw)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||3 Ounce, well-chilled|
|Monterey jack cheese||3 Ounce, well-chilled|
|Zucchini||1 Small, scrubbed|
|Canned pitted black olives||1 Can (10 oz) (Drained Weight 6 Ounces)|
|Green taco sauce/Any enchilada type sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1 Tablespoon (For Dusting Pie Plate)|
Calories 458 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.2%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 107.5 mg
Sodium 1151.2 mg48%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 20 g39.2%
Vitamin A 12.9% Vitamin C 13.1%
Calcium 48.8% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375Â°F.
2. With a grater or using the shredding disc of a food processor, shred the cheeses separately.
3. With a knife or with the slicing disc of a food processor, slice the zucchini and olives.
4. In a bowl, mix the rice, Parmesan cheese and egg.
5. With a knife or using the metal blade of the food processor, chop the chilies coarsely.
6. In a bowl, place the eggs.
7. Continue mixing while you pour the half & half, salt, and pepper and blend until smooth.
8. Take a lightly-oiled 9-inch Pyrex pie plate and dust with cornmeal .
9. Layer the rice mixture, pressing firmly into the bottom and sides of the plate to form a crust.
10. In the oven, bake for 15 minutes.
11. Layer the hot crust with taco sauce.
12. Spread 3/4 of the cheese and all the zucchini and olives and top with the rest of the cheese. Place the shell on a cookie sheet.
13. Pour the half & half custard on the shell.
14. In the oven, bake for another 20 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and zucchini is tender.
15. Serve cut into wedges.
You can even serve it reheated, covered, in a 350Â° oven for 15-20 minutes