- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parmesan Garlic Bread Recipe
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Warm water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon (For Garnishing)|
Calories 1467 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g65.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.5 mg
Sodium 1620.8 mg67.5%
Total Carbohydrates 255 g85.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.8%
Sugars 14.6 g
Protein 52 g104.6%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 0.67%
Calcium 61.4% Iron 86.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sprinkle yeast into very warm water in a large bowl. ("Very warm water" should feel comfortably warm when dropped on wrist.) Stir until yeast dissolves, then stir in cooled milk mixture.
3. Beat in 5 cups flour and 1 cup cheese until completely blended. Beat in remaining flour gradually to make a soft dough.
4. Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, adding only enough flour to keep dough from sticking.
5. Place in greased large bowl; turn to coat all over with shortening; cover with a clean towel. Let rise in warm place, away from drafts, 1 hour, or until double in bulk. Stir garlic into butter. Brush pans or casseroles with garlic butter.
6. Punch dough down; knead 1 minute on lightly floured surface, then shape this way: For large loaves, divide dough in half, divide each half in 7 even pieces, shape into rolls; place 6 rolls around edge of prepared pan and 1 in center. For medium-size loaves: Divide dough into 16 even pieces; shape into rolls, place 2 rolls in each of 8 prepared ten-ounce casseroles or custard cups. For miniature loaves: Divide dough into 14 pieces; shape into loaves; place in prepared toy-size loaf pans; cover. Let rise again in warm place, away from drafts, 45 minutes, or until double in bulk. Brash tops with water; sprinkle lightly with extra Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake in very hot oven (400°) 40 minutes for large loaves, 30 to 35 minutes for small and medium loaves, or until breads sound hollow when tapped. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.