- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parmesan Croutons Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dried italian herb seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|French bread slices||4 , cut into ¾ -inch squares (Inch Thick Slices)|
Calories 263 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.9 mg
Sodium 488.9 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.98 g3.9%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 9 g17.7%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 0.18%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to 300°C.
2) In a large skillet, melt the margarine/butter.
3) Once removed from heat, mix in the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder (and Italian herb seasoning, if desired) .
4) Now add in the cubes of French bread ensuring they are properly coated.
5) In a shallow baking pan, spread the bread cubes in a single layer.
6) Bake in the 300° oven for about 10 minutes (move around the cubes once or twice during baking).
7) Bake until the bread cubes are dry and crisp.
8) Allow the croutons to cool completely.
9) For storage, place them in a bowl/canister and cover bowl tightly/seal the canister (can be stored for up to 1 week).
10) Serve the croutons dry and crisp mixed in salad.