- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parmesan Crostini Recipe
|Non-stick cooking spray||1|
|Italian bread slices/French bread slices||16 (1/4 Inch Slices)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 149 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.9 mg
Sodium 154.8 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.74 g3%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Grease a cookie sheet by spaying it with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Arrange bread slices on the baking sheet
4. Use a brush to coat each slice with olive oil.
5. Sprinkle each with a about a teaspoon of Parmesan
6. If using, season with freshly ground black pepper.
7. Just before serving time, bake the bread in a preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the bread is well toasted and cheese is just melted to golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
9. You can cut the slices into fingers or triangles if you like.
10. Pile crostini in a bread basket or arrange on a plate and serve hot.