- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parker Ranch Filet Mignon With Pan Crisped Maui Onions And Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe
|Peanut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet onions||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|Carrots||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Port/Cabernet sauvignon wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Veal stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Mustard||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||10 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Peanut oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet onions||4 Large, julienned|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 1647 Calories from Fat 1088
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 124 g190.9%
Saturated Fat 34.1 g170.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.3 mg
Sodium 698.4 mg29.1%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.4%
Dietary Fiber 15.1 g60.2%
Sugars 59 g
Protein 31 g61.7%
Vitamin A 103.1% Vitamin C 46.8%
Calcium 47.5% Iron 52.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat grill or broiler for cooking.
2. In a heavy saucepan, heat oil to prepare sauce.
3. Stir in onions, garlic, carrots, celery, bay leaves, and peppercorns and sautÃ© for 5 minutes over medium-high heat until golden brown; stir occasionally.
4. Add the stock, mustard, and honey to deglaze the pan.
5. Cook until the liquid is reduced to about 2 1/2 cups; stir constantly until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
6. Strain the sauce through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean saucepan and discard the solids.
7. Return the sauce to the pan and heat.
8. Gradually add butter and mix thoroughly.
9. In a double boiler, place the saucepan over hot water to keep the sauce warm.
10. In a deep fryer or heavy saucepan, prepare the onions.
11. Pour enough oil to cover at least 1 1/2 inches up the sides of the pan and heat it.
12. In a plate, place the flour for dredging onions with flour.
13. Dredge the onions lightly and add to the fryer when the oil is hot; fry the onions for 5 to 7 minutes over medium-high heat, turning constantly but gently, until golden brown.
14. Drain the fried onions over paper towels, and keep warm.
15. Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
16. Place the steaks over grill and cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare or about 7 minutes per side for medium.
17. Into each serving plate, center a grilled steak and spoon sauce around the meat.
18. Top the steak a handful of fried onions and the rest on the side.
19. Serve immediately.