- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parisian Veal Recipe
|Veal shoulder||6 Pound, rolled and boned|
|Vegetables oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped, pared|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant beef broth||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Marjoram||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 437 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.2%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 258.4 mg
Sodium 317.8 mg13.2%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g2.8%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 59 g117.8%
Vitamin A 19.4% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) In a large frying pan or a Dutch oven, brown the veal slowly in vegetable oil. Take the meat out of the pan.
3) Into the drippings in the pan, stir the celery, carrot and onion. Saute till the vegetables are soft.
4) Add the water, beef broth, marjoram, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Heat the mixture to boiling point. Put the meat back in the pan and cover.
5) Bake in preheated oven for about 3 hours, or till the meat is soft.
6) On a serving platter, place the cooked veal and keep it hot.
7) To make the gravy, let the liquid in the pan stand for about a minute or till the fat rises to the top. Skim the fat off and strain the liquid into a bowl, pressing the vegetables through a sieve. Return the contents to the pan and quickly cook till reduced to about half.
8) Slice the required amount of hot meat.
9) Serve hot with the gravy on the side.
The remaining meat can be wrapped and kept aside for another meal.