- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moules A La Mariniere Recipe Video
|White wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 241 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.2%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.9 mg
Sodium 380 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.09 g0.36%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 15 g29.5%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 18.4%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 25.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Here is a fancy French recipe for cooking mussels. The dish is called moules a la mariniere and it’s a very French way to cook up mussels. Bon appetite!
Directions for preparation:
• Sauté the onion and garlic in the butter till they soften a little.
• Add the white wine.
• When the contents of eth pan begin to bubble and boil, put the mussels in.
• Cover with a foil and let cook till the mussels are done.
• Take the mussels out and put them in the serving bowl.
• Sieve out the pan sauce with a colander lined with a paper towel to get rid of the grit that the mussels give out.
• Transfer the sieved sauce to the pan.
• Reduce the initial amount of butter by half and add it to the pan along with some cream.
• Mix it together and cook it till it is nice and creamy.
• Pour it over the mussels in the bowl.
• Garnish with freshly chopped herbs of choice.