- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Whole meal flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||150 Milliliter (1/4 pint)|
|Butter/Ghee||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (for cooking)|
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.6%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.8 mg
Sodium 487.2 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 6 g11.8%
Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.6% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour and salt and sieve.
2. Add oil and enough water to make stiff dough.
3. Knead well and divide prepared dough into 6 even portions.
4. Shape each portion into a ball and keep aside.
5. On a flat working surface, dust with flour.
6. Roll out one portion into a 6 inch diameter circle.
7. Using a pastry brush, apply ghee on the rolled out circle and fold into half. Avoid applying ghee towards the edges.
8. Follow same procedure for the folded semi circle. Fold again to get a ‘wedge’ like shape.
9. Using flour for rolling, roll out this shaped wedge into a triangle, measuring about 6 inches.
10. On a flat griddle, melt butter or ghee.
11. Place rolled out triangle on hot griddle and cook for few minutes on each side, using ghee or butter.
12. Once pale golden brown in colour on both sides, remove and keep aside.
13. Follow same procedure for remaining dough.
14. In a doily/ napkin lined bread basket, place these parathas and serve as an accompaniment with dal, curry, subzi etc.