- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Paprikash Casserole Recipe
|Veal||2 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes (For Stewing)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Pound (Two 1 Pound Cans)|
|Onion soup mix||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Regular noodles||1⁄2 Pound|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (8 Ounce Carton)|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 607 Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.6%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g66.9%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 177.1 mg
Sodium 1053.8 mg43.9%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.5%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 38 g75%
Vitamin A 53.7% Vitamin C 26.9%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Put veal with flour, paprika and salt in a paper bag and shake well to coat properly.
2. Take a large frying pan and brown the meat in shortening very slowly.
3. Add the meat in the pan and mix in tomatoes, onion-soup mix, sugar and pepper. Cover the pan and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until everything is soft.
4. Take a 10-cup ovenproof casserole and add all the meat in it.
5. In the meantime, take a large saucepan and cook the noodles. Drain and put them again in the saucepan.
6. Add butter or margarine and toss to coat properly.
7. Add the mixture on top of meat in casserole but do not mix. Cover the pan and chill.
8. About 1 hour prior to serve, place casserole in cold oven and set heat 400Â°. Bake for 1 hour, or until bubbly-hot.
9. Uncover and add sour cream and caraway seeds. Bake for another 5 minutes longer.
10. Serve in a serving dish.