- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Papaya Shrimp Curry Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Dairy sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Dash|
|Shrimp||2 Pound (Cooked Or Canned, Deveined Or Fresh)|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 480 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.9%
Saturated Fat 14.3 g71.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 289.8 mg
Sodium 538.1 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 16.9 g
Protein 34 g68.7%
Vitamin A 69.6% Vitamin C 251.4%
Calcium 23.5% Iron 25.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Lengthwise cut the shrimps into halves.
3. Peel papayas and cut lengthwise in half; remove seeds.
4. In a skillet or chafing dish, melt butter to prepare sauce.
5. Stir in onion, green pepper, and garlic and sautÃ© until tender but not browned.
6. Stir in sour cream, lemon juice, curry powder, salt, ginger, chili powder, and pepper.
7. Add shrimps to the sauce and heat thoroughly with constant stirring.
8. Fill the papaya halves with shrimp mixture.
9. Place the stuffed papaya on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
10. Serve on a bed of hot rice.
11. Garnish with macadamia nuts and chutney.