- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Papaya Pork Chop Curry Recipe
|Pork loin chops||4|
|Shortening||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Chicken bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curry powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Apples||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed to fill papaya halves)|
|Fresh pineapple||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed to fill papaya halves)|
|Maraschino cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed to fill papaya halves)|
|Bananas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed to fill papaya halves)|
Calories 739 Calories from Fat 278
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.2%
Saturated Fat 14.2 g70.8%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 121.5 mg
Sodium 1179.8 mg49.2%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.5%
Sugars 55.6 g
Protein 34 g67.4%
Vitamin A 63.5% Vitamin C 429.5%
Calcium 27.9% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. Trim the fat from the sides of the chops to prevent curling.
3. Season the chops with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Lengthwise cut papayas in half and spoon out the seeds and discard.
5. into cavity of each papaya half, drizzle lime juice to coat.
6. Prepare enough cut-up fruit to fill each papaya half.
7. Add a small triangular piece of lime for a color accent, if desired.
8. Sprinkle the coconut flakes.
9. In an oven-proof skillet, add a small amount of shortening and brown the chops over medium heat.
10. When nicely browned, add bouillon; cover and bake in oven for 1 hour.
11. In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
12. Stir in onion and sautÃ© for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown.
13. Remove the pan from heat and stir in flour, curry powder, sugar, salt, ginger, and pepper until smooth.
14. Gradually add milk with constant stirring to make a smooth sauce.
15. Over medium heat, bring the sauce to a boil; stir constantly.
16. Reduce heat and simmer for another 1 minute.
17. Add lemon juice; stir well.
18. In-a greased baking dish, place the fruit filled papaya halves and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until heated through.
19. Serve the pork chops and papaya halves over a bed of hot rice.
20. Accompany with the hot curry sauce for a complete meal.