- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Papaya, Chickpea and Feta Salad Recipe Video
|Cooked chick peas||500 Gram, boiled|
|Couscous||80 Gram (dry weight)|
|Cherry tomatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cucumber||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Feta cheese||150 Gram (Halloumi)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Fresh mint||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.7 mg
Sodium 686.8 mg28.6%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 13.6 g54.3%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 18 g35.9%
Vitamin A 91.5% Vitamin C 212.4%
Calcium 31.5% Iron 33.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Start off by chopping the Feta or Halloumi cheese into small chunks.
2. In a bowl, place the cheese and finely chop the mint.
3. Mix well and set aside to allow the flavors to infuse for a few moments while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
4. Peel the onion and finely chop along with the cucumber and the parsley.
5. Cut the tomatoes and red pepper into bite-size pieces.
6. Cut the papaya in half. Remove the seeds and then peel the two halves before chopping into small chunks.
7. In a large mixing bowl, place the papaya along with the chickpeas, the cucumber, tomatoes, red pepper, parsley, onion, feta cheese, lemon and lime juice and the rest of the olive oil.
8. In a pan, bring about 100ml of water to a boil .
9. When boiling, remove from the heat and add the couscous into the bottom. Stir well and set aside.
10. Drain off any excess water from the couscous, if needed, and add to the bowl.
11. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
12. Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
13. Serve immediately and enjoy.