- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Panzanella Salad- Bread salad Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Loaf of bread||1⁄2 , sliced into 1/2 inch slices|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Roma tomatoes||4 Medium, cubed|
|Red onion||1⁄2 , sliced|
|Fresh basil||50 Gram, shefonade|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
Calories 761 Calories from Fat 396
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.9%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 707.8 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g33.8%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 18 g37%
Vitamin A 79.3% Vitamin C 65.3%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the grill to 425F.
2. In a plastic box with a lid, pour the olive oil and add red wine vinegar to it, cover the top with the lid and give it a good shake and set it aside.
3. Brush each side of your bread slice with olive oil and place it right on the grill.
4. Once the bread is toasted, rub the clove of garlic on it.
5. After rubbing the garlic, cut the bread into 1/2 inch cubes.
6. In a large bowl place the cubed bread, add in the tomatoes, onion, and fresh basil. Give it a good toss.
7. Pour the dressing over the salad, season with salt & pepper and let it sit for 15 minutes.
8. Serve this yummy salad with a fresh mojito made at home.