- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Panned Lettuce Onions And Capers Recipe
|White onions||4 Small, peeled and finely chopped|
|Romaine lettuce heads/Romaine / escarole / 4 heads boston lettuce||2 , washed and shredded medium fine|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
Calories 147 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.1%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 523.9 mg21.8%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.2%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 337% Vitamin C 85.1%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, melt butter over moderate heat
2. Add onions and sauté for 5-8 minutes until lightly colored.
3. Add lettuce, water, and salt.
4. Cover, reduce flame and steam lettuce for 4-5 minutes until wilted and soft.
5. Season with pepper and add capers and toss.
5. Turn into a serving dish or serve on the plate as a side dish.