- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Panko Tilapia Recipe Video
|Tilapia fish||4 Large, sliced|
|Mayonnaise||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Panko bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Italian seasoned bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh basil||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemons||3 Large, sliced|
Calories 915 Calories from Fat 620
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g105.6%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.4 mg
Sodium 1122.5 mg46.8%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 25 g50.8%
Vitamin A 8.4% Vitamin C 94.9%
Calcium 11% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut Tilapia into long strips.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, pour in Panko crumbs, Italian Seasoning, basil, garlic salt and black pepper. Mix it well.
3. In another bowl, pour in mayonnaise. Mix in lemon juice.
4. In a third bowl, pour in flour.
5. Take one Tilapia strip and roll it in the mayonnaise. Then roll the Tilapia strip in the flour mixture. Then roll the Tilapia strip in the panko and bread crumb mixture. Make sure all sides of the Tilapia are coated well.
6. On a cookie sheet, place breaded fish.
7. Repeat the above process of coating the fish in all 3 of the mixtures (mayonnaise, flour and panko and bread crumb mixture) until all the fish is coated.
8. Bake the fish for 10 minutes, each side for 5 mins, inside the preheated oven.
9. Just before fish is cooked, squeeze the juice from the fresh lemons all over the fish. Cook for another minute.
10. Serve immediately with Ranch dressing or Tartar sauce.