- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Panko Chicken Tenders Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch strips|
|Wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg substitute||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Low fat butter milk||1 Tablespoon|
|Panko||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Low sodium parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Any vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.5%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.4 mg
Sodium 258.4 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.2%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 35 g69.2%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 14% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl, put together panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic salt, pepper and chopped parsley; mix well.
3. Now set up a breading station with 3 flat bottom dishes or plates.
4. In one plate take flour, egg substitute and buttermilk in second dish and breadcrumb mixture in third.
5. In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
6. Take each chicken piece at a time and dredge in flour, then dip in egg substitute mixture and finally roll over the breadcrumb mixture.
7. Add chicken pieces to the skillet and brown them on each side for 3 minutes.
8. Transfer the chicken breasts on to a baking tray and bake it in preheated oven for 5 minutes on each side.
9. Serve crispy chicken breasts with salad for a delicious and healthy meal.