- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Panettone - Italian Recipe Video
|Bread flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla pod||1 Medium|
|Lemon zest/Lemon||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh yeast||12 Gram|
|Whole milk||60 Milliliter|
|Candied orange peel||3 Ounce|
|Candied citron||3 Ounce|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4788 Calories from Fat 1507
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 171 g263%
Saturated Fat 94.8 g474.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1751.2 mg
Sodium 2335.6 mg97.3%
Total Carbohydrates 742 g247.3%
Dietary Fiber 31.8 g127.1%
Sugars 324.8 g
Protein 93 g186.8%
Vitamin A 121% Vitamin C 232%
Calcium 61.7% Iron 127.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the milk until lukewarm, dissolve 1/3 oz (10 g) of fresh yeast and 1 teaspoon of malt (or sugar), after that add just over ¾ cup (100 g) of flour, and knead until you have a smooth and even mixture similar to bread dough. Now, place it in a bowl cover with cling film and let it rise at 86°F (30°C) for an hour or until it’s doubled in volume.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix the remaining flour, risen dough and the remaining fresh yeast along with 2 whole eggs and knead.
3. Now add 1/3 cup (60 g) of sugar and blend into the dough, then add ½ stick (60 g) of butter and knead, wrap in cling film and let it rise for at least 2 hours at 86°F (30°C) or until doubled in volume.
4. One the dough is ready repeat the same process by adding the remaining flour & eggs, 2 whole egg yolks and the remaining butter. knead everything, perhaps with a spoon, until you have an elastic, dry mixture, not sticky; at this point, you can add the sugar, the vanilla seeds and the salt.
5. After adding sugar, vanilla and salt, it's time to add the grated lemon zest, the raisins, the candied orange and citron. Blend everything together after that cover with cling film and let it rise for at least 2 hours or until the dough has doubled in volume.
6. Take a panettone mould, grease with butter and line with parchment paper. Set aside since we'll need it later.
7. After 2 hours, take the risen dough turn it out onto the work surface knead it again, form into a ball and place it in the mould.
8. Now we just have to let it rise again at 86°F (30°C) for 2 hours or until doubled in volume.
9. Preheat the oven at 390°F (200°C), and place a small bowl of water on the oven rack this will keep the panettone from drying out.
10. Once the dough has reached the rim, keep it for 10-15 minutes in an airy place, so that a hard thin layer forms on the surface. At this point, cut a cross into the surface with a sharp knife and put a cube of butter in the middle and bake the panettone at 390°F (200°C) for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 375°F (190°C) and bake for 10-15 minutes.
11. If the color starts turning brown then lower the temperature again; it should bake for one hour in all.
12. Finally our panettone is ready; when you take it out of the oven, let it cool completely and it's ready to be served.
13. Serve the panettone along with you hot beverage.