- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Paneer Vegetable Jalfrezi or Paneer Korma Recipe Video
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), choppe|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cauliflower florets||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon (Use according to your taste)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use as required to cook the vegetables)|
|Punjabi masala/Garam masala||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Yogurt/Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Paneer cubes/Tofu||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Optional)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
Calories 257 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.4%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.3 mg
Sodium 336.5 mg14%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g17%
Sugars 15.6 g
Protein 11 g22.1%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 81.2%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pan with a couple of tablespoons of oil. When the oil is warm enough add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
2. Add the chopped potatoes, salt and a little bit of water. Mix, cover the pan and let the potatoes cook. Stir occasionally and cook for about 5 to 8 minutes.
3. When the potatoes are half cooked, add the onions, garlic and ginger paste. Stir and let the onions cook along with the potatoes.
4. Once the onions are translucent and cooked, add the chopped green bell pepper and cauliflower florets. Stir well.
5. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and stir all the vegetables well. Add a little water again, cover the pan and let the vegetables cook well, stirring occasionally.
6. Add garam masala, tomatoes and stir well. Cover the pan and cook. Add a little water if required.
7. Add the yogurt and stir gently till the yogurt blends in. Then add the paneer cubes and stir gently. Cover and cook for about 2 minutes.
8. Add brown sugar, sprinkle some freshly chopped cilantro, stir and turn off the heat.
9. Garnish with some fresh cilantro and serve the mixed vegetable curry hot with rice or paratha.
Garbanzo beans, green peas, green beans, butter nut squash, carrots and any vegetable of your choice may be added.
While cooking the vegetables do not add water all at one time. Add the water gradually, a little at a time while adding each vegetable during the cooking process.