- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Paneer Tawa Masala Recipe
|Paneer||300 Gram, cut into 1/2" thick rectangle of size 8" x 3" approximately|
|Curd||200 Gram (1 Cup, From Full Cream Milk)|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange red color||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For dry masala|
|Green cardamom||6 (Choti Elaichi)|
|Cinnamon stick||4 (Dalchini)|
|Carom seeds||1 Teaspoon (Ajwain)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 624 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.3%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56 mg18.7%
Sodium 2591.5 mg108%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 18.9 g75.4%
Sugars 42.6 g
Protein 51 g102.4%
Vitamin A 58.4% Vitamin C 485.3%
Calcium 74.2% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Keep the curd in a fine strainer or tie in a muslin cloth for 15 minutes.
3. Add salt, chilli pd. and enough colour to give the curd a bright orange colour.
4. Cover the paneer slab with this curd and keep in a greased tray for at least 15-20 minutes.
5. Heat the oven to 200°C. Keep the paneer which is marinated in curd in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or till the curd dries up and forms a coating.
6. Turn the paneer carefully with a sharp spatula.
7. Keep it in the oven for 5-7 minutes if it is wet on this side.
8. Remove from the oven & keep aside.
9. Cut each capsicum into 8 pieces to get 1" pieces of capsicum. Cut each onion into four pieces and separate the onion leaves. Cut tomatoes into 8 pieces. Remove pulp
10. Heat 1 1/2. tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Add 1 tsp of the prepared dry masala pd.
11. Immediately put the slab of paneer. Cook on slow fire for 1 minute. Do not let it turn black.
12. Turn the slab again. Remove from pan. Keep aside.
13. At the time of serving, keep the paneer in a hot oven for 5-7 minutes till it gets soft and heated properly.
14. In the meantime, heat 2 tbsp oil in the pan, add 1 tsp dry masala pd, add the capsicum & onions immediately. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, sprinkle 1/2 tsp salt on the vegetables. Mix well.
16. Serve these vegetables around the heated paneer kept in a flat serving dish.
17. Give cuts to the paneer slab diagonally, 1" apart, and then a cross cut, keeping the slab together.