- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Paneer Sticks Recipe
|Cottage cheese||100 Gram (Paneer)|
|Capsicum/1/4 of a small cabbage||2|
|Firm tomatoes||2 Small|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon stick||3 (Dalchini)|
|Ajwain||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Omum)|
|Green cardamom||5 (Chhotu Illaichi)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 316 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.7%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10 mg3.3%
Sodium 1347 mg56.1%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 17 g68%
Sugars 26.2 g
Protein 20 g40.4%
Vitamin A 58.8% Vitamin C 483.7%
Calcium 28.1% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut onions into four pieces & separate them. Cut tomatoes into four pieces. If they are large, cut into eight pieces.
3. Cut paneer into 3/4" thick cubes.
4. Prepare dry masala powder by grinding together dalchini, laung, ajwain and chhoti illaichi to a coarse powder. (Larger quantity of the masalas can be ground together & stored in an air tight container for future use).
5. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Remove from fire.
6. Add 3/4 tsp of the prepared masala powder.
7. Add the paneer cubes. Add red chilli pd. and salt to taste. Cook on fire for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and keep aside.
8. Heat 1 tbsp oil again. Add 1 tsp of masala. Add capsicum & onions. Toss for a few seconds. Add salt to taste.
9. Add the tomatoes. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp more masala. Mix.
10. Remove vegetables from the pan.
11. Take a toothpick. Insert a capsicum piece, then a paneer cube, next onion and lastly a tomato piece.
12. Anything may be repeated if desired.
13. Arrange such toothpicks and serve hot.
14. The sticks may be made an hour in advance and heated in a hot oven for 3-4 minutes.