- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Paneer Mushroom Biryani Recipe Video
|For marinating the paneer and mushroom|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Mushroom||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Paneer||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|For the masala|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Green chilies||2 Medium, chopped|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 Medium, pureed|
|Biryani masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frozen green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
|For the rice|
|Basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Washed and soaked in water for 45 minutes)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (As needed)|
|Desi ghee||2 Teaspoon|
|Whole garam masala||To Taste|
|For the layering|
|Biryani masala||To Taste|
|Fried onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As needed)|
|Saffron||1 Pinch (Soaked in warm water)|
Calories 376 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.2 mg
Sodium 294.9 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.8%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 12 g24.8%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 50.3%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients to marinate the paneer and mushroom.
2. Add the paneer cubes and mushroom and mix well to coat each piece with the marinade.
3. Cover and let marinate for 30 minutes.
4. In a saucepan bring water to a boil (for cooking the basmati rice)
5. While the water is boiling, heat a separate pan with oil.
6. When oil is hot add cumin seeds, onions and saute until onions turn light brown in color.
7. Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell is off.
8. Add green chilies, red chili powder and coriander powder. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes.
9. Add tomato puree, mix, cover and cook for a couple of minutes.
10. Add the biryani masala and cook until oil starts separating from the mixture.
11. Add marinated paneer and mushrooms, a little water, mix, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
12. After 5 minutes, uncover and sprinkle salt and mix.
13. When the water (to cook the rice) has boiled, add desi ghee, whole garam masala and salt to it.
14. Add the washed, soaked and drained rice. mix well.
15. Once the rice is 80% cooked, drain the rice from the water and set aside.
16. From the pan with the simmering masala (paneer and mushrooms), remove half into another bowl.
17. Now put a layer of the cooked rice over the simmering masala followed by sprinkles of biryani masala and fried onions.
18. Repeat layers with another layer of the masala followed by rice and sprinkles of garam masala and fried onions.
19. Finally add saffron. Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
20. After 10 minutes, reduce the heat to the lowest temperature and cook for another 20 minutes.
21. After 20 minutes, turn off the heat and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
22. Serve warm with raita of your choice, pickle or freshly cut vegetable salad.
Watch Biryani Masala for directions on how to make Biryani Masala at home