- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Paneer Makhani or Makhanwala or Paneer Butter Masala (Indian Cheese in Creamy Sauce) Recipe Video
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use as required)|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Kashmiri chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Kasuri methi||1 Tablespoon|
|Paneer cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream/Skimmed milk powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cashew paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped (For garnishing)|
Calories 259 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.8 mg
Sodium 368.7 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 11 g21%
Vitamin A 40.8% Vitamin C 25.2%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pan, add butter. When the butter melts, add cumin powder, ginger paste and garlic paste.
2. Add turmeric powder and tomato puree. Stir and let the puree cook a while on medium heat.
3. Add a little water, cover the pan and let it cook.
4. After a few minutes, add the garam masala, Kahmiri red chili powder, kasuri methi and stir well.
5. Add the paneer cubes and some water, if required. Stir gently, cover the pan and let it simmer for a few minutes.
6. Finally add the heavy cream and cashew paste, stir gently for a couple of minutes and turn off the heat.
7. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro leaves.
8. Serve warm with rice, roti, naan or paratha.