- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Paneer Chili Recipe Video
|For marinating the paneer|
|Paneer cubes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Crushed garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Red onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|White onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Green bell pepper||2 Medium, chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, chopped|
|Green chili||2 Medium, chopped|
|For the batter|
|Corn flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As required for a thin consistency batter)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For the sauce|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed garlic||1 Teaspoon (Use as required)|
|Crushed ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Chili sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chunky peanut butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Plum sauce||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Tomato sauce/Tomato puree||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|For the garnish|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Green onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 400 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.6%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.3 mg
Sodium 841.3 mg35.1%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 18 g36.3%
Vitamin A 41% Vitamin C 222.4%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a bowl with the cubed paneer in it. Add the garlic, crushed ginger, chilli paste, ground cumin and salt. Mix well to marinate the paneer well.
2. Put the marinated paneer in a zip-lock bag and refrigerate for about 2 to 3 hours or at least 30 minutes.
3. In a pan heat some oil and using a strainer deep fry the onions, bell pepper and green chili for a minute. (The vegetables can also be sauteed in a pan as an alternative option).
4. In a bowl add the corn flour and cornstarch with a little water and mix. The consistency should be thin.
5. In a plate take the marinated paneer cubes and pour the prepared batter over the cubes. Combine well so that the paneer cubes are well coated with the batter.
6. In a pan heated with a couple of inches of oil, deep fry the paneer cubes for about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on a kitchen paper towel.
7. Take a pan with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and heat it. Add crushed garlic, crushed ginger and crushed cumin. Stir well for a minute.
8. Add the ketchup, chili sauce and chunky peanut butter. Stir to combine all the ingredients in the pan.
9. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar and ajinomoto and stir for a couple of minutes. Add a teaspoon or two of the prepared batter and stir.
10. Add the vegetables and paneer cubes just before serving so that they remain crunchy. Stir to coat all the vegetables and paneer with the sauce well.
11. Garnish with chopped cilantro and green onions.
12. Serve hot with rice or as an appetizer.