- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Indian Cottage Cheese Recipe Video
|Whole milk||1 Gallon|
|White distilled vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Warm water||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 573 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.3%
Saturated Fat 17.6 g88.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.6 mg
Sodium 379.4 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 49.8 g
Protein 30 g60.9%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 107.1% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Boil the milk in a heavy bottom pan on medium high heat. Once the milk starts boiling, remove it from heat and add vinegar (quantity of the vinegar mite vary depending on its brand).
2. Stir a couple of times till the Paneer separates from the water. Line a cheese cloth in a colander and sieve the liquid through the same. The unwanted water gets discarded and the residue becomes the Paneer.
3. Lift the cheese cloth and fold all the four sides. Now take a heavy bottom bowl or pan and place it on top of the folded cheese cloth.
4. Now add water to this pan to make it more heavy. This will help to discard all the water from the Paneer (as shown in the video ). Let this sit for a couple of hours. Remove the pan and open the cheese cloth to release the prepared disk shaped Paneer and cut in to desired shapes.
3. Paneer cubes are extremely soft and should be cut at least half inch thick. Paneer can be eaten raw or mixed with various Indian sauces and curries.
4. Always enjoy with loved ones!
This video is a creation of the aarsi. You can visit aarsi for complete recipes,and more videos.