- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pancetta Wrapped Chicken Breasts Recipe Video
|Chicken breasts||4 , cleaned|
|Pancetta slices||8 , thinly sliced|
|Seasoned flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for dredging)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (you may use tangerines, navel oranges or blood oranges)|
Calories 589 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.6%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g51.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.9 mg
Sodium 623.7 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 46 g92.8%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 22.4%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take the chicken breasts and lay 2 slices of pancetta on each piece. Secure with a toothpick and tuck rosemary sprigs under the pancetta.
2) Plate the pieces on a plate and dredge the chicken in seasoned flour.
3) In a pan saute the chicken with the pancetta side down, in olive oil and a tablespoon of butter.
4) Cook until the pancetta is lightly browned,then transfer the chicken to a baking dish.
Method for making the sauce:
5) In the same saute pan from the chicken, saute shallots and garlic until lightly browned. Add the flour and stir to make a light roux.
6) Immediately add the white wine and let cook for about 5 minutes, then add the chicken stock and the orange juice. Cook for another 5-7 minutes until slightly thickened.
7) Pour the sauce over the chicken
8) Roast the chicken at 350 degrees and check at 15 minutes. Depending on the thickness of the chicken it may take up to 20 to 23 minutes.
9) Serve the chicken with sauteed spinach or broccoli and enjoy!