This dish will probably take you less time to make than a platter of pancakes with sautéed sausage on the side -- and the fun factor is definitely way higher. Just ask your kids, who I guarantee will agree with me that everything indeed tastes better on a stick!
I'm one of those people who believes that everything tastes better on a stick. Be it Popsicles, Chicken on a Stick, or this recipe of pancakes and sausage on a stick....there's just something about food with a handle that says, "I'm telling you, you want to pick me up and find out just how delicious I am". Or something like that. When I presented Kenya and Chloe with a glass filled with an arrangement of these Pancake Sausage Muffins on a Stick for breakfast one recent morning, both of their eyes were as wide as saucers. Kenya plucked one out and meticulously dipped it in his dish of syrup prior to each bite while Chloe tore into three at the same time, first pulling out the sausages to eat, then bathing the gutted pancake muffins in syrup before stuffing her little mouth with them.
2 Cup (32 tbs) (your favorite recipe or box mix)
Breakfast sausage links
6 Small, cooked
Calories 104 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.8%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.1 mg
Sodium 252.6 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease 20 small muffin cups.
3. Place 1 tbsp of the pancake batter into greased mini muffin cups.
4. Cut the sausage into 1 inch pieces and lay flat side down in the center of each batter filled muffin cup.
5. Top sausage with another tbsp of batter in each cup.
6. Bake for 14-15 minutes.
7. Remove muffins from molds and poke popsicle sticks through the muffins.
8. Serve with desired accompaniment such as maple syrup or honey.