- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Birthday Cake Batter Pancakes with Buttercream Glaze Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Yellow cake mix||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||2 Medium, lightly beaten|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Multicolored candy sprinkles||1 Teaspoon (to garnish)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|For buttercream glaze|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 672 Calories from Fat 250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.5%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g80.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160.7 mg
Sodium 597.3 mg24.9%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g31%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 49.5 g
Protein 12 g24.4%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 42.9% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl whisk together flour, cake mix, baking powder, sugar and salt.
2. Add in beaten eggs, milk, and butter.
3. Stir gently just until dry ingredients are well incorporated. Batter should be a little lumpy.
4. Let batter sit for 7-10 minutes.
5. Into the batter fold in sprinkles.
6. Heat buttered griddle to 375 degrees F.
7. Add batter to the griddle using a 1/4 cup to scoop out the batter.
8. When small bubbles start to break on the surface of the pancake, flip it.
9. Stack pancakes on a plate when done.
10. GLAZE: Make the glaze by combining all of the glaze ingredients.
11. Stir until it reaches a glaze consistency (add more milk if required for desired consistency).
12. In a serving plate, stack the pancakes, drizzle butter cream glaze over them and top with sprinkles.