- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pancake Bake Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Crumbled leftover meat loaf||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||29 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned red kidney beans||2 Pound (Two 1 Pound Each Cans)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Yellow cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled, sliced and separated into rings|
|Pitted ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Grated cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
Calories 843 Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.3%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.6 mg31.9%
Sodium 2537.7 mg105.7%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g40.9%
Dietary Fiber 23.5 g94.1%
Sugars 17.7 g
Protein 34 g68.7%
Vitamin A 54.3% Vitamin C 70%
Calcium 40.4% Iron 51%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. To make the filling in a large frying pan saute onion and garlic with chili powder in olive oil or vegetable oil just such that soft.
3. Stir in crumbled meat loaf and the remaining filling ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes with cover to blend flavors.
4. To make pancakes in a medium-size bowl beat egg such that thick along with flour, cornmeal, salt and water until smooth.
5. Heat a 9-inch heavy frying pan slowly, grease lightly and pour batter into pan, a scant 1/3 cup for each pancake.
6. Let it bake for 3 minutes such that the top appears dry and underside is golden.
7. Turn and bake for 2 minutes longer.
8. Repeat to make 8 cakes.
9. Into a 12-cup baking dish layer as each is baked, with about 1 cup sauce between, ending with pancake.
10. To arrange the topping place onion rings and sliced olives in a pretty pattern on top and sprinkle with cheese.
11. Let it bake uncovered, in hot oven for 30 minutes such that bubbly-hot and cut into wedges.
12. Serve hot.
When heating the pan test temperature by sprinkling in a few drops of water.
When drops bounce about, temperature is right;
Pancakes take up sauce during baking.