- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Panang Chicken Curry Recipe Video
|Panang curry paste||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kaffir lime leaves||8|
|Coconut milk||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Chicken breast||4 , sliced thin into strips|
|Sweet basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh, With Stems)|
|Fish sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Tamarind paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown onion||1⁄2 , sliced thin|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , sliced thin|
Calories 1204 Calories from Fat 846
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 101 g154.8%
Saturated Fat 85.3 g426.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 509.6 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.9%
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 62 g123.5%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 54.8%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 36.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Stir in curry paste and lime leaves. Stir-fry for about 30 seconds until the paste starts to brown.
3. Stir in the remaining coconut milk into the curry paste.
4. Increase the heat to a boil. Allow to boil for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the curry reduces about a 1/4.
5. Reduce to a simmer.
6. Add the chicken, basil leaves, onion, fish sauce, tamarind paste and sugar. Let simmer for about 20 minutes.
7. Garnish with red bell pepper slices.