- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Panama's Plátano en Tentación Recipe Video
|Ripe plantain||1 Large, sliced|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence/Vanilla sugar||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 975.7 mg40.7%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.6%
Sugars 108.7 g
Protein 0.3 g0.61%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut two small pieces from the two ends of the plantain and make a cut along one side of the plantain. Now you can remove the peel easily with your hand.
2. Cut the plantain into 1 inch slices.
3. Put them in boiling water and add sugar, cinnamon and salt
4. Mix and let it cook for 15 minutes
5. Add vanilla essence if desired.
6. Serve hot right away. The dish is usually served as a side dish with rice and beans.