- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Pan-Seared Tilapia with Indian Corn Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1 , diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Jalapeno||1⁄2 , minced|
|Corn ears||4 , kernels cut off the cob|
|Canned white beans||15 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Grape tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Paprika||2 Teaspoon, smoked|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 648 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.8 mg
Sodium 201 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g32.9%
Dietary Fiber 19.9 g79.8%
Sugars 21.5 g
Protein 41 g82.6%
Vitamin A 48.1% Vitamin C 28.4%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 44.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) Add the onions, garlic, and jalapeno and cook for about five minutes or until the onions are translucent.
3) Stir in corn, cumin, and about a half a cup of water. Season with salt and pepper and pop a lid on. Cook for about three minutes.
4) Remove the lid and stir in the beans and tomatoes. Cook just until the beans and tomatoes are heated through.
5) Shut off the heat and stir in the butter and cilantro. Adjust seasonings.
6) In the meantime, season each side of the tilapia with salt, pepper, and paprika. Use your fingertips to rub in the spices.
7) Heat a separate sauté pan over a medium high heat and add the rest of the olive oil.
8) Once the oil is hot add the tilapia to the pan.
9) Cook for about two minutes on each side or until the fish is opaque and is just cooked through.
10) Serve your tilapia over a bed of the corn and bean mixture and enjoy!